Sunday 19 August 2012

Hello :)

Well it seems to be once a month I make an entry, so a bit to catch you up on.

So my last post was about "Old Me" visiting etc... I really thought if I shared with you all my thoughts & made a confession on how I was slipping up but getting onto it ASAP it would stop me from continuing to self sabotage.  Short story is "Old Me" stayed for a longer visit then intended :(  It really surprises me how fast old habits & bad habits at that, creep back in & it seems so easy to fall back into routines that will destroy all my hard work.

WHY???  It's the same question that always haunts me when I fall off track.  Why am I doing this for?  Why am I allowing these old habits back in?  Why aren't I stronger?  Why can't I control myself more?  Why, Why, Why!!!

Ok so I have a back injury, I am aware that I made my back worse my continuing on with my Gym work-outs involving weights, not good.  An excuse to make me feel better for falling off the wagon, it's not my fault, it can't be helped I have to take it easy, yeah yeah... The thing is I have an injury, so I need to work around it & and adjust my work-outs to what I can do & manage.  Instead I used it as a "Get Out Free Jail Card" & took a long rest break.

In total I had around 4 to 5 weeks off from my normal exercise plan & did maybe 2 or 3 days a week of light exercise & nothing more.  Over this time frame I also laxed on my eating, though I must be honest the eating side has never been my strong point anyway, still very much a work in progress.  I kept justifying it to myself with well at least i'm not gaining, it's just that I wasn't losing really either.

Round 2 of Michelle Bridges has been a complete FAILURE!!!  Ok so not a total complete failure I am 2.5kgs lighter then when I started, but that is a MASSIVE let down to what I had wanted to achieve.

Thankfully in the last week I have managed to find my mojo & get back into some good power walking with my girlfriend Ange.  My friend Ange is a like an energizer bunny, on the go all the time & the girl doesn't have a slow mode button, she's my little speed demon friend who helps me to up my pace & I LOVE it!

Now that I have unloaded & yet again made a confession of my sins, it's time to get my butt moving & start dropping some more weight.  How am I going to do that, by not using EXCUSES, by flexing my WILL POWER MUSCLE & by DETERMINATION, that's how I started this weight loss thing & that's how I am going to continue on with it.

Each day we make decisions in how we want our life to be, some days we are on fire other days you just want to go back to bed so the next day can begin.  Me,  well I have decided if it's a good day YAY, but if it's a bad day, I can always change that day & make it better.   Yes we have the power to make life the way we want it to be, we just need to find the courage to do it & believe we can.  I love to dream, but I also love making those dreams come true & I am already on my way :)

On Saturday 4th of August 2012 I completed the Tough Guy/Tough Gal Challenge, with my friends, Bronya, Kim & my little sister Alyssha, we ROCKED it & LOVED every minute doing it.  We are all pumped to do it again next year, hopefully with a few more friends & we have decided we will dress up for it too.


Then on Saturday 18th of August 2012 I completed the Adrenalin Forest, a High Ropes Course with my friend Bronya.  We did up to Pathway 4, so 4/6 not bad for someone who has a fear of heights.  Again we are looking at doing this again with more people & we are going to tackle Pathway 5 :)  


So with admitting how naughty I have been with my training & eating, the only person I am letting down is myself.  Then I also remember what I have achieved & how far I have come, the above challenges that I committed to & completed is something the "Old Me" would have never done & being 20kgs heavier this time last year something I couldn't have done.  In the end I had a slip now I am back on track, I want to THANK myself for making the positive changes that I have & celebrate all these wonderful goals that I am making happen for ME today!

Another dream I am making happen, is that hubby & I started a savings plan for our trip to Europe in 10 years.  I think it's nice to have something to look forward too & it's going to be so much fun planning our time away.  In 10 years the kids will be older & Marshall & I will be ready & deserving of a long break away :)

Thanks for reading my blog & remember it's all about Creating the LIFE I deserve, so create yours today too!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment